Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fedor’s Retirement in His Own Words (Video)




Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction 1
The Last Emperor, Fedor Emelianenko, finally hung up the gloves for the final time in his mixed martial arts career.
Racking up a stellar 34-4 record over his 12-year career, becoming one of the most dominant heavyweights of all time, as well as ruling the Japanese MMA scene in its Pride hay day, Fedor is one of the most memorable fighters of the last decade.
Though he stumbled into a three-fight skid during his Strikeforce tenure, Fedor bounced back strong winning the final three bouts of his career before calling it quits.
“I was very happy that I did not disappoint my family,” Fedor told Inside MMA’s Ron Kruck following his victory over former UFC title contender Pedro Rizzo in St. Petersburg, Russia.
“I’m retiring. It’s my time. Thank God, I’m retiring,” he told Kruck. “I have daughters. They’re growing without me and this is very difficult for me.”
Fight fans will surely miss Fedor, most craving at least one shot for him in the UFC, but he can’t be blamed for wanting to be there for his family.
Check out Fedor’s interview with Inisde MMA, shortly after Kruck called the final fight of the Russian’s legendary career…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strikeforce

Followers

ASMM's Blog Archive