Saturday, July 14, 2012

Luke Rockhold: ‘This is the Fight I Want; This is the Fight I Need’ (Strikeforce Video)




Luke Rockhold - Strikeforce
Although Strikeforce sits under the same umbrella as the UFC, it is largely dwarfed by its juggernaut sibling, much to the consternation of many Strikeforce fighters. Among them are middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and challenger Tim Kennedy, who headline Saturday night’s fight card in Portland, Ore.
Both Rockhold and Kennedy at Thursday’s press conference expressed their frustration over the way the event has been promoted.
Rockhold, however, doesn’t feel like he’s being passed over by fans and pundits in regards to the recognition he receives for his in-cage success.
“I feel like I’m getting some recognition,” Rockhold said in a meeting with the media. “I feel like I need to establish myself more. I want to be the best in the world and until I’m there, I won’t be happy. I feel like I’m still making mistakes.”
Lack of promotion or not, the champ does feel that the fight with Kennedy will help him achieve those goals.
“Right now I got my fight. This is the fight I want; this is the fight I need.”
Check out Luke Rockhold’s full video interview below…




For more MMA News and MMA Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strikeforce

Followers

ASMM's Blog Archive