Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mick Hammond:Not Big on Rematches, Adam Lynn Glad to Take it When it’s a Shot at an MFC Belt




Adam Lynn at Strikeforce
After returning to MMA in 2010, Adam Lynn had won six fights in a row heading into his last bout this past May against Mukai Maromo in what eventually turned into a split-decision loss.
Looking back on the fight, Lynn easily feels it could have been his seventh consecutive win because if there was anything lacking, it sure wasn’t in his performance.
“I obviously think I won the fight,” Lynn said to MMAWeekly.com. “I think I controlled it in a lot more aspects and did everything I needed to do. Maybe I would try to go for a finish a little bit more, but I was happy with the way I performed in the last fight, to be honest with you.”
Lynn’s camp asked the judges how they could have saw the bout in his opponent’s favor, to which they informed him, “(Maromo) caused more damage, which I didn’t agree with.
“Obviously I thought I caused more damage. I dropped him a couple of times and controlled position. Honestly, I think it was just a home town deal.”
Even though he is disappointed with the outcome of their May fight, Lynn looks on the bright side as it’s allowed him to get back in the ring with Maromo at MFC 34 on Friday night on AXS TV with a lot more on the line the second time around.
“I’ve never been a big rematch guy, but I was stoked when I was told we were going to have a rematch, especially because it would be for the (lightweight) belt,” said Lynn. “Yeah, on my record (our first fight is) a loss, but it was good for my career because it lined me up for a title shot.”
In order to win the rematch, only a slight tweaking is needed, since Lynn feels he did well enough to win the first bout.
“I’ll be in a little bit better shape this time and I’ll try to push the pace and finish him,” said Lynn. “It’s funny because everybody who saw the fight tells me I should have finished him, but it’s not an easy thing to do, he’s a tough dude.
“My pace will be a little higher this time, but I just want to go out there and control like I did last time.”
While getting a chance to fight for a title on a major live broadcast event could very well set the tone for Lynn’s future, but it’s not something he’s going to get caught up in.
“Everyone wants to have a stellar performance and have good things come their way, but when I get sucked up into thinking about all that is when I tend to hurt and sabotage myself,” he said. “Since I started fighting again and winning fights, I’ve just been focused on showing up that and just doing what I need to do, perform and have fun.
“I’m 34 years old and I realize I can’t do this forever, so I’m just really enjoying the chances I do get to do it. Yeah, I’m stoked it’s going to be on TV and I’m going to get more exposure this time, but I plan on taking it one day at a time.”

E-mail Mick HammondFor more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strikeforce

Followers

ASMM's Blog Archive