Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Noemi Bosques: Rising Star in the World of Boxing


Women’s Boxing has been taking huge strides in the past few years. The increase in talent recently has made now the best time for the sport to make it’s mark. Noemi Bosques has had a long road to get where she’s at today and is looking forward to overtake the big challenges ahead. She is currently 1-0 after her Pro Debut win and is looking to up her wins total on August 24th. Find out about her beginnings in the sport, her training, her philosophies and thoughts on the developments of women’s boxing as she prepares for this next step.
- At what age did you start to take up the sport of boxing, and what was your inspiration for
starting up in the sport?
“I was 18 years old when I officially started, but I had my first pair boxing gloves At 13 and constantly boxed guys in the neighborhood kicking their butts. I was always good at every sport I played, always had a lot of heart and I knew that boxing was one of the toughest sports out there. The intensity and challenge of this sport made it intriguing, and I had to try it”
- What does a typical day of training consist of for you? -
“Running 4-8 miles or half mile sprints in less than 3 minutes with a minute break in between sets, 4 times. Strength and conditioning 3 times a week, boxing sparring 4-5 days a week. I will work harder than my opponent”
- What gym do you train out of and what’s one of the main philosophies you’ve taken from your training there? -
“Legends Boxing Club in Tampa, Fl and my coach is Sherman Henson. We have an awesome team there, constantly have visitors and I’m always learning something new from every single person. I’m proud of the family based team we have there. We don’t hold our tongue when we see mistakes and keep each other on point. Our philosophy is hard work pays off, we work hard and play hard!”
Were you excited to see Women’s Boxing finally having a place in the Olympics. Do you think this will greatly increase the viewers of the pro game?
“Seeing women finally make it to the Olympics and being a part of the whole eliminatory process was amazing. This is a huge stepping stone for women and the hard work we put in. Finally, it seems like the beginning of some sort of recognition is taking place, and I’m proud! I think it will take a while still, but women debuting in the Olympics will finally familiarize the public with names, and will bring more attention to the hard work, and skills displayed among these young women athletes!”
Finally, where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, and what advice would you have for someone just starting out in this sport?
“In 5 years I expect to have had and defended a couple titles already. Maybe starting my own gym by that time and traveling to different parts of the world sharing not only boxing/business knowledge, but life inspirational knowledge as well. I feel God has placed challenges in my life for a reason, and I’ve come out on top of every one. I feel if I have came out from the pits where I have been laid, anyone can! I can’t wait to share these stories with struggling young people, and hopefully serve as an inspiration. Maybe write some books, have big brother/big sister facilities, and so on. Whatever God has planned, I’m ready to attack by the toes!
Anyone starting in this sport: Being the best isn’t born, it’s practiced over And over. Choose what you want to do (whether it be boxing, mma, track, basketball) whatever it is, and practice it over and over until you are the best! It doesn’t happen over night, or in a week, or in a year… How bad do you want it? Are you willing to spend 10,000 hours creating perfection? Read – Slight Edge by: Jeff Olsen great book!”
Want to read more about Noemi’s journey and follow her career as it develops? There are many ways to do so:
or
also be sure to:
  • Be sure to “Like” Cool Sports Guy at facebook.com/coolsportsguy as well for stories, stats, and opinions in the world of sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strikeforce

Followers

ASMM's Blog Archive